Front wheel well cover
My idea for removing the front wheel well covers was to reduce some rolling noise. I took out the half that goes to the car interior, washed them and with a steel scourer to make the plastic porous to give a better surface for the eXvibration to adhere.
I applied a thick layer of eXvibration, about 6mm thick since no Dynamat was going to be added there.
When I went to put the wheel well covers in place I had an issue. I was careful to apply less eXvibration were the screws fix the cover to the car, but on the edge it was too thick. I had to sand it down until I could fit the cover back in place.
The tyre roar has reduced quite a bit, good result.
Done in 17 of August, 2007 at 20:30